My Skincare Regimen
I recently shared a quick snap of my favourite skincare products on Insta Stories and it turned out that a lot of you wanted to know more... so here we go!
It's only been 2 months since my last skincare post, but a LOT has changed since then (everything, basically). I've always aimed to use products that "will do" as opposed to actually doing a bit more of a deep dive and figure out the different needs of my skin... until I got introduced to DECIEM and its various skincare lines. I had first spotted the cool looking bottles (I'm a sucker for nice branding, after all) from The Ordinary on Instagram. Then my friends in Canada started raving about the products... needless to say, it was time to look into it more.
My first order was placed at the end of October, and now, one month later, I have just placed my third order. So yes, I'm hooked. And people, this is all not sponsored in any way.
MY SKIN / I have a combination skin, always thirsty, with a pretty good texture, but the occasional break out (hormonal + allergies). I am 30 now, so "anti"-aging has become more of a topic. I have a terrible sleep routine (read: night owl), which my skin rebels against sometimes. So the results I look for from my skincare routine are: brightening, hydrating, moisturizing, de-puffing, "anti"-aging, nourishing, detoxing.
Oh, and it should not cost too much. Because I do like using luxurious products that really work, but I do not want to spend a fortune on them. Enter DECIEM. An abnormal beauty company (their words, but true) that offers various skincare lines with high-quality, deliver-what-they-promise products for an affordable price. And when I say affordable, I mean really, truly, ridiculously good prices like 6 euros for a bottle. Yes. Now you know why I placed 3 orders in 1 month... danger zone ;-)
The Hylamide High-Efficiency Cleaner is unlike anything I've used before - the oily texture feels great on the skin and takes off all the make-up very easily without agitating my skin.
1. The first step, twice per day: the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 to hydrate, smooth and plump my skin.
2. In the AM I use the Caffeine Solution 5% EGCG with caffeine & green tea extract to reduce dark circles and puffy eyes.
3. I use the Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion in the PM to improve any signs of aging.
4. Both in the AM and PM I follow up with 100% Plant-Derived Squalane: a non-clogging facial oil that hydrates the skin and prevents moisture loss. Some people call it magic in a bottle. I have been using it for almost a week now - so far, so (really) good.
5. On most days I add a drop of the NIOD Photography Fluid, Opacity 12%, to my (lightly tinted) moisturizer, which is basically a highlighting skin perfector that makes your skin look great on camera and IRL.
6. In the PM my last step is to add 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil for another hydration boost and radiant skin.
Once a week I use the AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution, which is basically a 10-minute exfoliating facial, to fight visible blemishes and to promote a glowing skin. It is also said to improve the skin texture and look of fine lines.
This is already a well-rounded regimen - and I swear, it doesn't take ages to get ready - but with the great price-point it's hard to not keep trying more products. I have 3 more serums coming my way, which will be added to the routine on different days and at different times, and I can't wait to see how it will impact my skin. Getting ready in the AM and PM has become a bit therapeutic; a few minutes of me-time that gets me ready either for the day or a good night's sleep. I have spoken about the value of adding quick daily routines before... and I'm still all about it!
If you're curious now too about DECIEM's products, but feeling a bit overwhelmed... I found this great The Ordinary regimen guide that give you the perfect overview of recommended products based on your skin's needs. Also, DECIEM's Customer Service is incredible and they can help you find the right products & skincare routine as well. And of course I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about my experiences. Just send me an email! :-)